Notice to Members
St Kevin’s committee members are delighted that following the easing of restrictions by State Government in Victoria, we can now reopen our Tennis Club, in some limited forms of tennis.
We sincerely thank all our members for your patience and for sticking with us through this very difficult time.
We are excited to announce that St Kevin’s Tennis Club is set to reopen from Thursday, 14th May 2020, for limited playing opportunities based on Tennis Victoria’s Return to Tennis Guidelines. The Guidelines provide details on how tennis can operate within Federal and State restrictions updated on May 11.
TENNIS VICTORIA RETURN TO TENNIS GUIDELINES FOR DOWNLOAD HERE
In light of this, St Kevin’s Tennis Club will recommence restricted operations from reopening date 14 May 2020 under the following precautionary conditions:
- Before you play – Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high risk health category, please consider whether you should be administering or playing tennis at any time during this period, please do not take unnecessary risks
- In order to play on court – At this stage, courts are opening to club members only (no guests to play). In order to play all members must register and book courts online, https://booking.clickpos.net/Tennis/Index.aspx
This is mandatory and will avoid disappointment and allow everyone court time.
Failing to book may prevent you from playing as the club cannot guarantee court availability, due to expected initial high demand of all six courts.
- To enter and exit the tennis courts:
- Bottom courts 1 and 2 from lower first gate and courts 3 and 4 courts from lower middle gate
- Top court 5 from front top gate and court 6 from the middle top gate
- Social distancing – Keep 1.5 meters away from other people and remember no handshakes or High Fives, try tapping racquets instead
- Behaviours – To protect against infection, you must:
- Bring your own hand sanitiser – Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play
- Avoid touching your face while playing
- No sharing of water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full,
- No sharing of racquet
- Use a new can of tennis balls for each session of play.
- Use your racquet to pass/return tennis ball to other players
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow
- Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play
- No off-court social gatherings or group meals before or after play.
Get in, play and get out.
- Clubhouse will remain closed at all times.
- We recommend that you download the Governments COVIDSafe app for tracking of infections should this occur.
- All locks on courts and driveway gate must be closed and locked upon finish of playing session unless there are other members waiting to play.
This is an evolving situation, we will keep you updated or alternative please refer to St Kevin’s Tennis Club website or social media regularly for the latest recommendations and guidance on dealing with COVID-19 for tennis in Victoria.
By following Tennis Victoria’s Return to Tennis Guidelines, St Kevin’s Tennis Club can provide playing opportunities to our members to help boost both physical health and mental wellbeing.
Tennis provides great opportunities to be active in an environment that can enable social distancing rules to be observed. We will also be ensuring strict hygiene protocols are implemented.
Anyone looking to return to the court has been encouraged to follow the Return to Tennis Guidelines and above restrictions.