Notice to Members – 22nd October 2020
St Kevin’s committee members are delighted that following the easing of restrictions by the State Government in Victoria, we can now reopen our Tennis Club, in some limited forms of tennis.
We sincerely thank all our members for your patience and for sticking with us once again, through this very difficult time.
As per the previous reopening, we are limited with playing opportunities based on Tennis Victoria’s Return to Tennis Guidelines. The Guidelines provide details on how tennis can operate within Metro Melbourne as of 11.59pm 18 October 2020.
TENNIS VICTORIA RETURN TO TENNIS GUIDELINES FOR DOWNLOAD HERE.
In accordance with these, St Kevin’s Tennis Club will recommence restricted tennis by reopening from 8.00am on Thursday 22 October 2020 with the following precautionary conditions:
- A maximum of 10 people in total using/accessing the facility at any one time for the use of tennis only.
- Of the 10 club members in the facility at any one time, each grouping of people on court – singles or doubles – must come from no more than 2 households.
- Permitted for social tennis activities only (no training or competition).
- Coaches and the designated COVID Officer (Committee Members present) are permitted (and are not included in the 10-person limit).
- Umpires or spectators are not permitted.
Before you Play
- Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have even mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high-risk health category, please consider whether you should be playing tennis at any time during this period, please do not take unnecessary risks.
- In order to play on court – At this stage, courts are opening to club members only (no guests permitted to play). In order to play all members must register and book online.
This is mandatory and will avoid disappointment and allow everyone court time.
Failing to book may prevent you from playing as the club cannot guarantee court availability, due to the number of people permitted at any one time.
- Court bookings will be for a maximum of 2 hours at a time.
- Until the new booking system is implemented, we require all players to record their name and contact number in the logbook, found in front of the kitchen window on the club verandah. To ensure we have the ability of contact tracing should the need arise (as per COVID safe requirements).
- Face masks must be worn at all times by people 12 years and older, upon entering and leaving the courts (including in the car park).
- To enter and exit the tennis courts:
- Bottom courts 1 and 2 from lower first gate and courts 3 and 4 courts from lower middle gate
- Top court 5 from front top gate and court 6 from the middle top gate.
- Social distancing – Keep 1.5 meters away from other people and remember no handshakes or High Fives, try tapping racquets instead.
- Behaviours – To protect against infection, you must:
- Sanitize your hands before entering the courts (including touching of the locks)
- Sanitize your hands before and after you play – Sanitizer provided inside all court entrances.
- Avoid touching your face while playing.
- No sharing of water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full.
- No sharing of racquets.
- Use a new can of tennis balls for each session of play.
- Use your racquet to pass/return tennis ball to other players – avoid unnecessary touching of the balls.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow.
- Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
- No off-court social gatherings or group meals before or after play.
Get in, play, and leave the premises.
- Clubhouse will remain closed at all times but can be used for toilet access only.
- All locks on courts and driveway gate must be closed and locked upon the finish of the playing session unless there are other members waiting to play.
Our club coach, Nectar Davos, will be restarting coaching from Monday 26th October. Please contact Nectar on 0404 836 647 to book in, places are limited. All parents are required to stay in their cars whilst lessons are being conducted.